So the Nerditis’ intern stumbled upon something disturbing regarding the development of Inafune’s next grand masterpiece. Apparently, the forums situated at the official page is going to have an official community manager, and the inhabitants seems to have a strong rejection against the person appointed for the job. One YouTube user named “InternetAristocrat” gave a, well, rather strong, opinionated take on the whole issue:
To sum it up, the list of offenses charged against Dina Abou Karam, the community manager for the official site, pointed out in the video are as follows:
– suggesting that Beck be changed from a boy robot hero into a girl robot hero.
– feminist quips about Sweden’s gender issues.
– not a Megaman player, but then backpedals by saying Megaman X is the best Megaman game she ever played.
– nepotism, because she got her job at the company from a friend.
– designing robots for the game, which worries people because (a) her artwork sucks, and (b) her feminism deal might affect the designs.
– locking her twitter account after so many people posting asking for clarifications.
– re-opening her twitter and then deleting said posts.
Now, we here at the Nerditis’ game desk tries very hard not to participate in drama and simply focus on actual news instead. However, if I may be allowed to posit an opinion, the entire Dina Debacle seems to indicate as though whatever Dina says Dina gets, and that doesn’t seem right considering that this is Keiji Inafune’s baby. His words should be final, and regardless of what Dina wants, there’s no way Beck would be turned into “Becky” unless Inafune agrees that that’s happening.
So I guess what I’m saying here is that everybody need to take a step back, take a deep breath, refrain from jumping head first into negativity, and let’s all wait until an official word to resolve this situation actually drops. Oh, and direct your hatred back to Capcom.
Because they clearly deserve it more.